Meditation is a practice of focusing the mind. This could be on breathing, the senses, the body, mantras or movement. It is not about clearing the mind of all thought.
Mindfulness is about being fully present to what is going on for you. Physically, mentally and emotionally.
Meditation and mindfulness help you to connect to all parts of the self and promote relaxation.
Benefits of Meditation
· Reduced levels of stress and anxiety
· Helps to reduce physical pain and boost the immune system
· Lowering blood pressure and increased blood flow to the brain
· Encourages deep relaxation and feelings of peace
· Focuses the mind and promotes deep sleep
· Increased concentration
· Enhances creativity and opens the mind to new ideas
· Identifies and balances emotions
· Can create a deeper understanding and awareness of other people
· Can help to connect you to your spiritual direction/ purpose
· Can help with creating your day and making grounded decisions
You don’t have to be spiritual to practice meditation and mindfulness. You don’t need any tools. Just an open mind.